The church was built at the end of the 13th century. The field stones can still be seen in the lower part of the west tower, the rest of the building is plastered over. In the 18th century, the church was remodeled in the Baroque style and in 1900 the interior was redesigned in the Classical style according to designs by the architect Franz Schwechten.
In the chancel, the structure is striking due to the clear lines of the pilasters. The altarpiece contains a large-format painting by the painter Gregor Boldio, who painted the painting in 1631 based on Rubens' "Descent from the Cross". It has been restored several times to date. A wooden epitaph and two relief gravestones commemorate Jost Friedrich Rudolf von Wulffen, who died in 1721. Also worth seeing for art-loving visitors is the cast-iron stove plate with a Vanitas allegory on the north side of the tower hall.
For viewings, the key can be borrowed by arrangement from Ms. Scheibke, Mühlenstr. 6 in the village, Tel. 033607 139881.












