In the middle of the village is the long, half-timbered school and prayer house. Only the square tower attached to it indicates that it was used for church purposes. It was only built in 1764, seven years after the village was founded. When the colonists' villages were laid out, space was set aside for public buildings and churches, but construction was of secondary importance at that time. The construction of churches was only permitted if the most economical methods were used. As a result, there were often only towerless prayer rooms with spartan furnishings. Wuschewier is certainly the most impressive example of simplicity, economy and multifunctionality. The building combined a prayer room, schoolroom, teacher's quarters and shepherd's quarters under one roof and was in no way different from the surrounding residential buildings.
The Wuschewier School and Prayer House Association has been looking after the preservation and maintenance of the listed building since 1995. By organizing public cultural events, the school and prayer house is to become the cultural center of the village. Guided tours can be arranged upon individual request.














