Neuzelle Monastery has two churches: The collegiate church of St. Mary was reserved for the monastery convent, while the smaller Kreuzkirche was intended for public pastoral care. After the Reformation, the monks in Neuzelle took intensive care of the remaining Catholics in the region. For this purpose, the Church of the Holy Cross was built in the Rococo style around 1730. Its vault, which is decorated with beautiful ribbonwork, opens towards the chancel to form a mighty dome. Here, the triumph of the Catholic Church can be seen on the largest ceiling fresco in Lower Lusatia.
The Kreuzkirche can be visited individually or as part of a guided tour (reservations at the Neuzelle visitor information office). However, as restoration work is currently being carried out in the Kreuzkirche, viewing opportunities are limited.