© Franziska Mandel

"Schloss Trebnitz"


Trebnitz Castle - A cosmopolitan place

In 1224, the village and the Trebnitz estate were first mentioned in documents. At that time Trebnitz was situated in the Lubusz land, which was in the sphere of power of the Silesian princes. The monastery remained the feudal lord of the village until 1498. After a changeful history of ownership, the castle fell by inheritance to the von Brünneck family in 1827. It remained in the family possession until the Red Army expropriated the last landowner Harald von Brünneck in 1945.

The castle in its present form was created by reconstruction works around 1900, when the two side wings were added to the present central building. Thus, the simple manor house was transformed into a stately neo-baroque "castle". After the castle was transferred to the municipality in 1945, it was used in many ways until 1992: Military hospital, residential and office building, school, kindergarten and vacation camp. After 1992, the house was extensively renovated with the support of the federal and state governments and has been converted into a modern seminar house.

The castle grounds date back to Knight Master Georg Friedrich von Ziethen, who was the landlord in Trebnitz from 1707. He was a close friend of the botanist Dr. Gleditzsch, who laid out the park. Four foreign trees and Indian plants are said to have existed here at that time, which, according to the village chronicle, were praised as a sight by Pastor Lehmann.

Sie benutzen offenbar den Internet Explorer von Microsoft als Webbrowser, um sich unsere Internetseite anzusehen.

Aus Gründen der Funktionalität und Sicherheit empfehlen wir dringend, einen aktuellen Webbrowser wie Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera oder Edge zu nutzen. Der Internet Explorer zeigt nicht alle Inhalte unserer Internetseite korrekt an und bietet nicht alle ihre Funktionen.